It’s always a good idea to do up our homes with timeless furnishings that will withstand the years and the changing décor trends, but every once in a while, it’s also a good idea to update our interiors with what’s in vogue.
If you’re looking to give your home a facelift this New Year, here are the home décor trends that will be trending in 2018:
1. Black and bronze hardware: The silver and rose gold hardware—such as taps, knobs, and handles—are quite passé. Black and bronze hardware is the way to go in 2018.
2. Statement flooring: Make a statement with your floor patterns this New Year. The traditional marble, granite and tiled flooring have made way for more quirky patterns. Stick to neutral colors to keep things balanced.
3. Curved sofas: The long-standing L-shaped sofas are giving way to the more embracing curved ones.
4. Bright and bold upholstery: Here’s where the neutrals have become boring. The black, white, brown and beige upholstery is out, and the bright, bold and neon colors for upholstery are redefining statement furniture in living rooms.
5. Printed lampshades: Opt for bright, bold, textured and patterned lampshades across all your lamps (floor lamps, table lamps, etc.) to add dimension and character to your living space.
6. Geometric art: Abstract geometric art is going to make a big comeback in 2018, especially in homes with a minimalist décor theme.
7. Velvet upholstery: If you’re looking to go with a plush and luxurious theme, velvet will be your go-to fabric this year.
Looking for flats in Greater Noida? Gulshan Bellina, a premium residential project by Gulshan, presents 3 BHK flats in Greater Noida(West).